- 1 Should apples be cooked before making pie?
- 2 Is McDonald’s apple pie baked or fried?
- 3 Did McDonald’s Fry apple pies?
- 4 Do fried apple pies need to be refrigerated?
- 5 What apples should not be used for apple pie?
- 6 Is glass or metal better for baking pies?
- 7 Why are my apples mushy in my pie?
- 8 Why are McDonald’s apple pies so good?
- 9 Does McDonald’s use potatoes in apple pies?
- 10 Is Popeyes apple pie good?
- 11 Is Mcdonalds apple pie unhealthy?
- 12 What is in a Maccas apple pie?
- 13 How long is homemade apple pie good for?
- 14 Should apple pie be served hot or cold?
- 15 How long do fried apple pies last?
- 16 How do you keep a bottom pie crust from getting soggy?
- 17 What kind of apples make the best apple pie?
- 18 What apples are best for baking pie?
- 19 Can you use a Pyrex dish for a pie?
- 20 What type of pan is best for pies?
Should apples be cooked before making pie?
Don’t cook them. Just keep them in cold water to keep them from browning until it’s time to assemble the pie. Coat the raw apples with sugar and flour and pour them into the crust.
Is McDonald’s apple pie baked or fried?
McDonald’s made the decision to discontinue the fried pies in 1992, opting instead for a baked version to appeal to customer preferences and dining trends.
Did McDonald’s Fry apple pies?
Up until 1992, McDonald’s apple pies were deep-fried, not baked. The chain switched the recipe because consumers were getting more worried about healthy eating. But in this case, the taste was arguably sacrificed in the name of health. … Don’t miss the secret ingredient that makes these apple pies so good.
Do fried apple pies need to be refrigerated?
According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, fruit pies made with sugar can be stored at room temperature for up to two days. … On the other hand, pie made with custard or cream—or ones with egg in the filling (including pecan and pumpkin pie)—do need to be refrigerated.
What apples should not be used for apple pie?
Red Delicious and Gala are two apples that won’t withstand cooking temperatures and should not be used for apple pie. Many new apple varieties, including Honeycrisp, have a flesh that fractures when you bite it. This is so appealing for snacking on an apple, but not the best feature for a good apple pie apple.
Is glass or metal better for baking pies?
Although metal pans conduct heat better, glass more than makes up for that because it is clear, so radiant energy can pass through the pan and help the crust bake. … That means that although glass takes slightly longer to reach the same temperature as the oven, it cooks crusts faster and darker.
Why are my apples mushy in my pie?
Pectin is the biological glue that holds together plant cells, giving fruits and vegetables their shape and structure. When apples are cooked, this pectin breaks down, and the apples turn mushy.
Why are McDonald’s apple pies so good?
Many fruit pies rely on processed thickening agents to set their fillings. McDonald’s, Stella Parks tells Thrillist, uses a dehydrated apple powder that pulls double duty: It soaks up the liquid that’s released during the baking process, and it also adds a flavor punch for an extra apple-y apple taste.
Does McDonald’s use potatoes in apple pies?
Does McDonalds put potatos in their Apple Pie? ANSWER PERSON RESPONDS: Not according to the listing of ingredients at their website, unless some of those Greek words mean “potato.” The starch product in the delectable crust is based on wheat and the thickener in the apple filling is corn starch.
Is Popeyes apple pie good?
At $1.29, Popeye’s Cinnamon Apple Pie has a higher price point than Taco Bell’s version, but it’s also closer to what you’d expect from a traditional pie. … The pie is buttery and crispy at the same time, though, and the filling is perfect.
Is Mcdonalds apple pie unhealthy?
It’s one of McDonald’s healthier desserts Sure, McDonald’s apple pie is an indulgence, but it’ll derail your diet less than most other McDonald’s desserts. A baked apple pie has 240 calories, 16 grams of sugar, and 11 grams of fat.
What is in a Maccas apple pie?
Ingredients: Apples (Apples, Ascorbic Acid, Salt, Citric Acid), Enriched Flour (Bleached Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Sugar, Palm Oil, Water, Apple Juice Concentrate, Modified Food Starch, Invert Syrup, Contains 2% or Less: Yeast, Salt, Cinnamon, Sunflower Lecithin, …
How long is homemade apple pie good for?
A freshly baked apple pie will last for another two to three days if you keep it in the pantry, StillTasty notes. If you put it in the fridge, you can get two to three more days after you put the pie in the pantry, StillTasty adds.
Should apple pie be served hot or cold?
Serving pie hot from the oven isn’t just a bad idea aesthetically—all that hot sugar is also dangerous. Allow your pie to cool for about an hour. The filling will set, and it will be cool enough to eat, yet still a little warm.
How long do fried apple pies last?
These fried pies do not need to be refrigerated. They will keep for a few days in an airtight container but are best eaten within two days.
Sprinkle dried breadcrumbs or crushed cornflakes, or other types of cereal, on the bottom crust before filling and baking in the oven. This will prevent the filling from turning the crust soggy.
What kind of apples make the best apple pie?
- Granny Smith — Your standard, never-fails baking apple.
- Honeycrisp — Extra crisp and always holds firm after baking.
- Jonagold — Tart with a bit of sweetness.
- Braeburn — Crisp, sweet apples that hold up well in pie and other baked desserts.
What apples are best for baking pie?
- Honey Crisp. Honey Crisp apples are nice and sweet, and they’re a fan favorite in apple pie.
- Granny Smith. Advertisement – Continue Reading Below.
- Pink Lady.
- Golden Delicious.
- Northern Spy.
Can you use a Pyrex dish for a pie?
Glass rules: Glass takes its time to heat and heats evenly which makes it a perfect candidate for virtually any pie you’re making. … Pyrex: Glass heats slowly and allows heat to build gradually and spread evenly, so my Pyrex tends to be my go-to plate. Bottom-crusts on fruit pies come out crisp and custards cook evenly.
What type of pan is best for pies?
- Best Overall: Williams Sonoma Goldtouch Pro Nonstick Pie Dish at Williams-Sonoma.
- Best Budget: Lindy’s Stainless Steel 9-Inch Pie Pan at Amazon.
- Best Metal: USA Pan Bakeware Aluminized Steel Pie Pan at Amazon.
- Best Glass: Pyrex 9-Inch Glass Pie Plate at Amazon.
- Best Disposable:
- Best Deep Dish: