- 1 How do you make moonshine step by step?
- 2 How do you filter apple pie moonshine?
- 3 How do you drink moonshine?
- 4 Does apple pie moonshine burn?
- 5 Do you refrigerate apple pie moonshine?
- 6 What is the best mixer for moonshine?
- 7 How do you seal apple pie moonshine jars?
- 8 How long is moonshine good for?
- 9 What alcohol is moonshine?
- 10 Is Everclear moonshine?
- 11 How long does it take to distill moonshine?
- 12 How do you make 5 gallons of mash for moonshine?
- 13 How do you make homemade alcohol fast?
Cut up apples and put in a food processor and blend up 2. Put blended up apples & 1 gallon of water in a large stock pot and heat up to 160 degrees 3. Empty apple mash into a large enough container to mix in the additional 5 gallons water and 3 cans of concentrate. Stir in the 6 lbs of sugar until totally dissolved.
Beside above, what proof should apple pie moonshine be? Apple pie moonshine alcohol content: This drink is really just for sipping due to its strength. Please always drink responsibly! For your reference, this recipe yields a roughly 30 proof cocktail, while commercially available versions of apple pie moonshine are typically 70 to 80 proof.
You asked, how long does homemade apple pie moonshine last? It all depends on how you store your apple pie moonshine. In an airtight container, it should last 3 – 4 months in the back of your refrigerator. If you seal your jars properly in your mason jars, they can last up to three years.
People ask also, what is apple pie moonshine made from? What is Moonshine? If you’ve never had Apple Pie Moonshine, I must warn you that it’s as dangerous as it is delicious! This moonshine is made from 190 proof grain alcohol (Everclear), so it packs a punch. Given that it also tastes amazing, it’s best in moderation and should only be served by the shot.
Subsequently, can you make alcohol from apples? Fermented juice from an apple, contains alcohol. When you let cider yeasts grow and thrive in the juice from the apple they’ll form alcohol (ethanol). Here in this post we’ll be referring to it as apple cider. Some of you though might refer to this as hard cider.
How do you make moonshine step by step?
- Place your mash pot on its heat source and pour in 5 gallons of water.
- Heat water to 165 °F.
- Turn off heat source when you reach 165 °F and immediately stir in 8.5 pounds of Flaked Corn Maize.
- Stir mixture continuously for 7 minutes.
How do you filter apple pie moonshine?
Store for two weeks to mellow the Apple Pie Moonshine, then filter, preferably twice, through a coffee filter. If there is no coffee filter available, try a thin cloth or multiple layers of cheesecloth. Store at least two weeks in a dark, cool place; keeps indefinitely and just gets better with more time.
How do you drink moonshine?
Moonshine is a whiskey drink that you can either drink straight with a chaser or make a mixed drink out of. If you want to drink it straight with a chaser, drink pickle juice after your shot of moonshine to relieve the burning sensation. Alternatively, combine moonshine with cola for a classic, cool drink.
Does apple pie moonshine burn?
The higher proof versions will stay good for a few years. The versions less than 64 proof should be consumed in 2-3 months. If you want to drink this warm, do not heat the moonshine. It will burn off some of the alcohol, plus it could potentially be dangerous.
Do you refrigerate apple pie moonshine?
Tightly secure with lids and refrigerate. Tip: This apple pie moonshine tastes better with age and can be refrigerated for up to 6 months.
What is the best mixer for moonshine?
- Coke. Moonshine is whiskey, so the classic combination of whiskey and Coke works whether that whiskey has spent time in a barrel or not.
- Grapefruit Juice. Flavorwise, this is sort of the poor American cousin of the Paloma.
- Ginger Ale.
- Sweet Vermouth.
- Iced Tea.
How do you seal apple pie moonshine jars?
A way I have found to seal your jars is to fill a bucket with hot tap water, crack your lids open, and leave loose but on the jars (this allows for expansion, but helps keep the alcohol in while things are warming up) only let the hot water up to the about 1/2 below the top of the jar.
How long is moonshine good for?
If you have stored your bottle of pure moonshine correctly and purchased it from a reputable dealer, the shelf life of the alcohol is indefinite. If you store your flavored moonshine in the same way, the shelf life is around 2-3 years.
What alcohol is moonshine?
What Type of Alcohol Is Moonshine? Most experts agree that moonshine is a homemade, unaged whiskey. This may be surprising due to the clear color, but the distilling process and ingredients used are clear signs that it is a whiskey.
Is Everclear moonshine?
Both Everclear and Moonshine are unaged spirits; however, Everclear is made from grain and Moonshine from corn. Everclear is a brand name of a neutral-tasting, very potent grain alcohol. Moonshine is a general term used to describe illegally produced corn whiskey.
How long does it take to distill moonshine?
The first distillation in the wash stills takes approximately 4 to 7 hours. The wash still has a temperature of approximately 173°F (78°C), the evaporation point of ethanol. The whole heat input is used for the evaporation of the alcohol. The distillation usually ends after 4 hours.
How do you make 5 gallons of mash for moonshine?
- 5 gallons soft, filtered water.
- 7 lbs (3.2kg) cracked corn. 6-8 pieces/kernel is the proper crack. If using bird feed, make sure it is perishable, or in other words is free of preservatives.
- 7 lbs (3.2kg) of granulated sugar.
- 1 tbsp yeast (distillers yeast if available.)