- 1 How long do you cook a 21 lb turkey at 375?
- 2 How many hours does it take to bake a 21 pound turkey?
- 3 How long does it take to cook a turkey at 375 degrees?
- 4 Can I cook a turkey at 375 degrees?
- 5 Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
- 6 How long does it take to cook a 21 pound turkey at 350 degrees?
- 7 How long does it take to cook a 21.5 lb turkey?
- 8 How long does it take to cook a 22 lb Butterball turkey?
- 9 How long should a 20lb turkey cook?
- 10 What’s the best temperature for turkey?
- 11 What is the proper temperature to cook a turkey?
- 12 How does Rachael Ray cook a turkey?
- 13 How often should you baste turkey?
- 14 How long do you cook a 22 pound turkey?
- 15 Should I cover my turkey with aluminum foil?
- 16 How long does it take to cook a 22 lb turkey in a bag?
- 17 Do you put water in the bottom of the roasting pan for turkey?
- 18 Is turkey done at 165 or 180?
- 19 How long should a turkey rest?
- 20 Can you cook a turkey at 325?
How long do you cook a 21 lb turkey at 375?
- Preparing the bird – Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cooking the bird – Estimate 12-15 minutes per pound for stuffed turkeys.
- Testing for doneness – You can either test by checking the temperature or checking the color of the juices.
- Finishing off – Remove bird from the oven.
How many hours does it take to bake a 21 pound turkey?
Expect it to take 4.5 to 5 hours to cook a 21.5-pound turkey at 325 degrees Fahrenheit — if your turkey is unstuffed. If it’s full of your favorite stuffing, add at least 15 minutes to the total cooking time. Determine when the turkey is done by internal temperature only.
How long does it take to cook a turkey at 375 degrees?
Pour the broth into the roasting pan. Roast the turkey for 1 hour. Rotate the pan, reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees and continue roasting until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the thigh (dont touch the bone) registers 155 degrees , 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
Can I cook a turkey at 375 degrees?
The Test Kitchen agrees that 375℉ is the best temperature to cook a turkey, because it’s not too hot, not too cold, and cooks quickly enough to ensure that a juicy, flavorful bird is ready by dinnertime.
Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast the turkey uncovered at a temperature ranging from 325°F to 350°F. Higher temperatures may cause the meat to dry out, but this is preferable to temperatures that are too low which may not allow the interior of the turkey to cook to a safe temperature.
How long does it take to cook a 21 pound turkey at 350 degrees?
How long you cook your turkey can vary, depending on the temperature of the oven and whether or not your turkey recipe calls for a stuffed or unstuffed bird. We recommend roasting turkey at 350 degrees F for 13 minutes per pound for an unstuffed turkey.
How long does it take to cook a 21.5 lb turkey?
How long do you cook a 21.5 lb turkey? A 21.5-pound turkey cooked at 325 degrees Fahrenheit will take 4.5 to 5 hours to cook – assuming the turkey is unstuffed. Make sure to add at least 15 minutes to the entire cooking time if it’s stuffed with your favorite stuffing.
How long does it take to cook a 22 lb Butterball turkey?
- 6-10 pounds: 1½ -2 hours.
- 10-18 pounds: 2-2½ hours.
- 18-22 pounds: 2½-3 hours.
- 22-24 pounds: 3-3½ hours.
How long should a 20lb turkey cook?
If you’re baking it at 325°F (the lowest temperature the USDA recommends), you’ll need to bake a 20-lb turkey in the oven for 4 to 5 hours if it’s unstuffed, and 4 ¼ to 5 ¼ hours if it’s stuffed.
What’s the best temperature for turkey?
The government recommends cooking turkey breast to 165°F (74°C). I prefer my turkey breast at 150°F (66°F), at which point it is far, far juicier (especially if you dry brine it!).
What is the proper temperature to cook a turkey?
The USDA says to cook your turkey to a minimum internal temperature of 165°F. (If you stuffed the turkey, the stuffing, not just the meat, should be 165°F). That’s their recommendation for all turkey that starts out raw.
How does Rachael Ray cook a turkey?
How often should you baste turkey?
How often to baste a turkey. Most recipes will tell you to baste your turkey every thirty minutes. But our rule of thumb is actually every forty minutes, and here’s why. You don’t want to open the oven too many times, or else the whole bird will take much long to cook, and that’s a huge inconvenience.
How long do you cook a 22 pound turkey?
- 425°F for 4 to 4¼ hours.
- 400°F for 4¼ to 4½ hours.
- 350°F for 4½ to 4¾ hours.
- 325°F for 4¾ to 5 hours.
Should I cover my turkey with aluminum foil?
Because roasting racks have shallower sides than roasters, more hot air can circulate around the turkey and make for extra-crispy skin. Covering the bird with foil mimics what a roaster lid would do — it traps steam and moistness so the turkey doesn’t dry out — all the while allowing the skin to crisp up.
How long does it take to cook a 22 lb turkey in a bag?
Place turkey, celery and onions in the bag. Seal bag and poke several holes in it with a fork. Bake 3 to 3 1/2 hours, or until internal temperature of the thigh meat reaches 180 degrees F (85 degrees C).
Add water to the roasting pan to keep the turkey from drying out. Grandma always added water or chicken broth to the bottom of the roasting pan, at the start of the cooking. This keeps the bird from drying out.
Is turkey done at 165 or 180?
While some recipes state that turkey should be cooked to 180 degrees Fahrenheit, the meat is safe to consume once it reaches the 165-degree mark. Cooking the breasts past 165 can result in dry meat, but the dark meat can be cooked to 180.
How long should a turkey rest?
The amount of resting time depends on the size of the bird, but at least 20 minutes is needed. A large bird can wait up to 40 minutes or longer, depending on the temperature of the room.
Can you cook a turkey at 325?
For one 12- to 14-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3 to 3¾ hours. For one 14- to 18-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3¾ to 4¼ hours. For one 18- to 20-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 4¼ to 4½ hours. For one 20- to 24-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 4½ to 5 hours.