Slang. an awkward, clumsy, or ineffectual person.
- 1 What does it mean to be the meatball in an Italian family?
- 2 What does it mean when you call a girl a meatball?
- 3 What are meatballs?
- 4 Why does Snooki call herself a meatball?
- 5 Is spaghetti and meatballs actually Italian?
- 6 What do you call people who love Italy?
- 7 What is a meatball day Jersey Shore?
- 8 What is a meatball in baseball?
- 9 What are the best frozen meatballs to buy?
- 10 What is a grenade girl?
- 11 What does Pauly call Vinny?
- 12 What’s the C word on Jersey Shore?
- 13 What is spaghetti with meatballs called?
- 14 What is the best Italian meal?
What does it mean to be the meatball in an Italian family?
However, the Italian term of endearment “polpetto”, (derived from “polpetta” meaning “meatball”) is a cute way of expressing affection, which would not translate well into English. …
What does it mean when you call a girl a meatball?
meatball (n.) —a woman who is short and stout, much like Deena, Snooki, or a little teapot (see also, meatball power).
What are meatballs?
A meatball is ground meat rolled into a small ball, sometimes along with other ingredients, such as bread crumbs, minced onion, eggs, butter, and seasoning. Meatballs are cooked by frying, baking, steaming, or braising in sauce. There are many types of meatballs using different types of meats and spices.
Why does Snooki call herself a meatball?
“Meatball” was a way of describing a woman who was short, bulky and loved to party. Basically, it was a way to describe people like Snooki or at least that’s how Sammi did.
Is spaghetti and meatballs actually Italian?
While spaghetti and meatballs is not a meal served in Italy, the origin of the meal started with Italian immigrants coming to the U.S. in 1880-1920.
What do you call people who love Italy?
Someone who admires Italy, its culture, its language, or its people.
What is a meatball day Jersey Shore?
On Thursday’s episode of “Jersey Shore,” Deena decided to hit the boardwalk and have what she calls a “meatball day,” which consists of a lot of drinking, dancing and partying.
What is a meatball in baseball?
There’s only a limited understanding of what a meatball is. One general definition: “an easy pitch to hit, thrown right down the middle of the plate.” Major League Baseball’s official lingo agrees.
What are the best frozen meatballs to buy?
- Best Overall Pick: Farm Rich Homestyle Meatballs.
- Best Budget Pick: Great Value Homestyle Meatballs.
- Best Premium Choice: Pure Land America USDA Certified Organic Grass-Fed Beef Meatballs.
- Johnsonville Homestyle Meatballs.
- Cooked Perfect Homestyle Meatballs.
- Good and Gather Beef Meatballs.
What is a grenade girl?
grenade (n.)—” a bigger, ugly chick” who is friends with a hotter chick your friend and/or housemate is “creepin'” on. ( see also, grenade launcher and landmine)
What does Pauly call Vinny?
In a clip uploaded to the official Jersey Shore Instagram page, Vinny Guadagnino danced around in his underwear while his longtime pal, Paul “Pauly D” DelVecchio, called him a “chooch.” The affectionate nickname is one used often by Pauly toward his friend, and the show took the time to deconstruct just what defines …
What’s the C word on Jersey Shore?
Deena Cortese made a bold first impression in her Jersey Shore debut, stripping for The Situation and calling Sammi “Sweetheart” Giancola the dreaded “C-word” as MTV’s smash hit began its’ third season Thursday night.
What is spaghetti with meatballs called?
A recipe for rigatoni with meatballs is in Il cucchiaio d’argento (The Silver Spoon), a comprehensive Italian cookbook known as the “bible” of Italian cooking. In fact, in Abruzzo, chitarra alla teramana is a long spaghetti-like pasta served with small meatballs (polpettine).
What is the best Italian meal?
- Pizza. Pizza was born in Naples, the city that claims its paternity and where tomato sauce is certainly added to the thin layer of dough.
- Baked lasagna.
- Spaghetti carbonara.
- Ravioli, Tortellini and Agnolotti.
- The Focaccia.