Our favorite wine for this creation is the Moscato d’Asti. This fizzy, sweet wine goes great with the apple, cinnamon, and vanilla flavors in the apple pie. The bubbles from the wine give an added layer of texture to the apple pie crunchy crush and sweet smooth filling.
- 1 What kind of wine goes with apple pie?
- 2 What kind of wine goes with pie?
- 3 What goes well with apple pie?
- 4 What wine goes with apples and cheese?
- 5 What drinks go with pie?
- 6 What wine is good with pumpkin pie?
- 7 What alcohol goes with key lime pie?
- 8 What red wine goes with apples?
- 9 What kind of wine goes with cherry pie?
- 10 What ice cream goes with apple pie?
- 11 Can you mix apples in a pie?
- 12 What kinds of garnishes or sides go well with a slice of pie?
- 13 Is apple OK with wine?
- 14 Can I eat apple with wine?
- 15 What fruit goes with wine and cheese?
- 16 What drink goes well with pumpkin pie?
What kind of wine goes with apple pie?
- Moscato d’Asti. To end your meal on a lighter note, pour Moscato d’Asti, a low-alcohol, sweet, fizzy wine from Italy that’s filled with notes of fruit blossoms and happiness.
- Jurançon Moelleux.
- Tawny Port.
What kind of wine goes with pie?
- Pecan + Madeira.
- Sweet Potato + Riesling.
- Apple + Moscato d’Asti.
- Pumpkin + Chardonnay.
- Blueberry + Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Peanut Butter Pie + Pinot Noir.
- Chess + Gewurztraminer.
- Chocolate + Port.
What goes well with apple pie?
- Ice Cream. Picture it: A warm slice of apple pie, topped with a just-barely melting scoop of ice cream.
- Fresh Whipped Cream. Don’t like mixing ice-cold ice cream with warm apple pie?
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
What wine goes with apples and cheese?
- Riesling (dry to sweet)
- Pinto Gris.
- Pinot Grigio.
- Unoaked Chardonnay.
- Sauvignon Blanc.
What drinks go with pie?
- Raspberry Pie and Champagne:
- Apple Cranberry Pie and Cider:
- Cherry Pie and Red Wine:
- Margarita – Lemon Meringue:
- Pecan Pie and a Coffee Brown Ale:
- Chocolate Cream Pie and Irish Coffee:
What wine is good with pumpkin pie?
- Sweet Sherry. For a dense, nutty flavor with an earthy quality that creates an intensity of sweetness, sherry is a luscious accompaniment to pumpkin pie.
- Tawny Port.
- Ice Wine.
What alcohol goes with key lime pie?
Tropical Vodka Cooler & Key Lime Pie This amazingly refreshing cocktail is perfect for your summertime brunch and also pairs well with a slice of Key Lime Pie for dessert.
What red wine goes with apples?
“With fresh-cut apples and cheese, I’d choose an earthy Pinot Noir from Oregon or Burgundy like the 2015 Domaine Drouhin Pinot Noir, with a silky texture and red fruits that blend with both the crisp and rich flavors,” McCaffrey says.
What kind of wine goes with cherry pie?
Get a cherry overload by pairing the cherry pie with Gamay wine. Gamay’s light red wine is known to match well with various foods and desserts. Gamay has stunning fruity and flowery aromas. An alternative to Gamay is Pinot Noir.
What ice cream goes with apple pie?
Stick to simple, smooth ice creams without a lot of bells and whistles. Vanilla works with just about everything, but cinnamon can taste amazing with apple pie. Something with a single nut flavor (like pistachio) is also great with chocolate or a fruit galette.
Can you mix apples in a pie?
The short answer to this question is yes, you absolutely can mix together different types of apples in a pie filling. … By the same token, you don’t want to add in one apple that is so crisp that it takes longer to cook than the other apples, leaving you with hard apples in your final pie.
What kinds of garnishes or sides go well with a slice of pie?
A sprinkle of streusel (mixture of crushed graham crackers, brown sugar, butter and pumpkin-pie spice). A dollop of cheesecake-flavored yogurt and a few Craisins or raisins. A stick of cinnamon propped in a dollop of whipped cream. Drizzle maple syrup on the plate and top pie with pecans or walnuts.
Is apple OK with wine?
If at all possible you will be best served if you can find a mix of apples. Blending different varieties together will even out your wine and create a more complex finish. This wine recipe really is better with foraged apples which are usually more bitter, astringent and tart.
Can I eat apple with wine?
Fruit platter Stay refreshed with a plate of assorted fresh fruits that will add a punch to your wine. While the crunch of apples and pears will provide you a complimentary texture, the luscious juices of berries and grapes will augment the flavours of the wine.
What fruit goes with wine and cheese?
Fresh and soft cheeses love crisp whites, dry rosés, sparkling wines, dry aperitif wines, and light-bodied reds with low tannins. Wines with apple, berry, stone fruit, tropical, melon, or citrus flavors work best.
What drink goes well with pumpkin pie?
Sweet Rieslings, sparkling wines, and ice wines all pair well with pumpkin pie, according to Wine Enthusiast. Wines that are sweet but not overpowering are key. A raisin sherry or an Australian tawny port would also play well with pumpkin pie, according to food and wine writer Fiona Beckett from Matching Food & Wine.